Thursday, August 20, 2009

Zombie Lit!

Have you noticed that along with vampires, zombies are making their way into bookstores as well? Frankly, I’m a little bit tired of reading all about vampires, so I decided to look into some zombie lit. The other day I picked up The Zombie Survival Guide – Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks and I could not put it down. It was hilariously serious and deadpan. Giving descriptions of zombie’s anatomy, their strengths and weaknesses, how to kill them, what to kill them with, how to prepare for a zombie attack, how to fight the undead, etc. Although it was a little boring at times (it’s written like a typical guide, with repetitive subsections that give similar “explanations” and “insight” on dealing with the undead), all in all it was a good read. But don’t be surprised if you find yourself informing your friends and family about the need for the importance of being prepared for a zombie attack.
Still on my list of zombie books to read are:
World War Z (also by Max Brooks, this book is an explanation of the zombie war, in which zombies outnumber the living, and humans become our planet’s only minority)
Breathers – A Zombie’s Lament (your classic zombie romance: undead boy meets undead girl)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (this one looks hilarious! But I have to read the real thing first though)
• On the same note, just out recently is a book titled: Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters (same thing as Pride and Prejudice, I have to read the classics before I read their spoofs)

No comments:

Post a Comment